Windham residents are encouraged to participate in Home Energy Solutions℠, a convenient, in-home service provided by Eversource and Energize Connecticut.
Home Energy Solutions includes an energy assessment and on-the-spot energy improvements performed by an Eversource-authorized contractor. This service is valued at an average of $1,000 and saves a typical customer $200 each year. The cost for this visit is $124, but the fee is waived for Low income-eligible residents.
“Home Energy Solutions is one of the most effective ways Windham homeowners and renters can tackle head-on those areas where conditioned air is leaking out of their home,” said Eversource energy efficiency spokesperson Enoch Lenge. “It is a great opportunity to save money on your energy bills and make your home more comfortable year round.”
During the service, Windham residents will receive:
- Sealing around doors, windows, floor joists, and any other areas where air-conditioned air can escape (this service alone is valued at an average of $600)
- Energy-saving light bulbs
- Safety tests on heating equipment
- Water-saving showerheads and faucet aerators
- A report detailing your home’s performance before and after the changes
- Recommendations for future upgrades and available incentives to help pay for them
Through December 31, 2016, Eversource is offering an insulation special for Windham residents that participate in Home Energy Solutions. During the visit, the Eversource-authorized contractor will provide the rebate for $1.00 per square foot of insulation installed.
For more information or to sign-up for Home Energy Solutions, please visit EnergizeCT.com/HES or call 877-WISE-USE (877-947-3873).